Terms of Service and Legal Disclaimers
Acceptable Use Policy
This is a community website, designed to be used by residents and institutions in our community. We want to ensure that the site is acceptable and usable for anyone in the community. That requires a few rules for use.
You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of the Pilsen Portal web site, and you agree not to engage in unacceptable use of the Pilsen Portal web site. The Pilsen Portal reserves the right to monitor the Pilsen Portal web site and to determine that the content that is added is, in the Pilsen Portal's sole discretion, not inappropriate or unlawful. The Pilsen Portal retains the right to the site with regard to postings that:
- Are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including an agent of the Pilsen Portal, enthusiast, or moderator), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities, or any other form of solicitation except in areas that are expressly designated by the Pilsen Portal for such purpose;
- Create a false identity or otherwise attempt to mislead any person as to the identity or origin of any communication or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Posting;
- Disseminate or transmit any Content that infringes or violates any party's copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary right, including, but not limited to, using third-party copyrighted materials, without appropriate permission, using third party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, or using or distributing third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
- Disseminate or transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs;
- Violate any law (whether local, state, national, or international), whether or not intentionally;
- Post any content that you do not have a right to under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationship (which includes inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Interfere with or disrupt the Pilsen Portal Services, our Site, or servers or networks connected to our Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Interfere, disrupt, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other profiles or accounts on the Pilsen Portal web site or any other computer network;
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Pilsen Portal web site, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of the Pilsen Portal web site;
- Do not align with the stated Mission of the Pilsen Portal;
- Engage in any other activity deemed by the Pilsen Portal to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this agreement.
You understand that by using the Pilsen Portal web site, you may be exposed to Content that may offend you or challenge your beliefs. Your remedy is to avoid such Content by discontinuing your access.
Content and Non-Endorsement
Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third parties are theirs alone, not opinions of the Pilsen Portal. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. The Pilsen Portal does not endorse any political candidate, party, or platform. The Pilsen Portal web site and third parties may provide links to web pages, web sites, and various resources or locations on the web. The Pilsen Portal has no control over the information you access via such links, does not endorse that information, and shall not be responsible for it or for the consequences of your use of that information.
If you are aware of any communication in a comment area on the Pilsen Portal web site that is unlawful, infringes the property rights of the Pilsen Portal, a user, or a third party, or otherwise fails to conform to these Terms of Service, please send an e-mail notification with the subject "Inappropriate Use" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using this site, you acknowledge and agree that any Postings and any and all liability arising from Postings are the sole responsibility of the user who posted the content ("Poster"), and not the Pilsen Portal.
The Pilsen Portal does not control the Postings to the comments section and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such Postings. Under no circumstances will the Pilsen Portal be liable in any way for any Postings, including, but not limited to, for any errors, omissions or misrepresentations in any Postings, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, or arising from, any Postings.
If you do choose to post content on our site, please do not do so unless you understand that your Postings will be available publicly. You should not assume that you are anonymous online and cannot be identified by your Postings. You agree that all of your Postings will comply with the requirements of this Agreement.
The Pilsen Portal has the right, but not the obligation, to refuse to make available, to modify or to remove any Postings or portions of Postings in its sole discretion and at any time without notice to the Poster, regardless of whether those Postings violate the terms of this Agreement or are otherwise objectionable. You agree that your use of any Posting is at your own risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the Posting. You agree that if you rely on any Posting submitted to the Pilsen Portal, it is solely at your own risk.
If you choose to provide any Postings on our Site, you agree that the Pilsen Portal may copy, distribute, display, publish, modify or translate such Postings for any purpose and in any medium worldwide without any obligation to compensate you or any other third-party in any way for any such use. The Pilsen Portal may grant other parties these same rights as to the Postings.