Common Sense Media
Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology.
We exist because our nation's children spend more time with media and digital activities than they do with their families or in school, which profoundly impacts their social, emotional, and physical development . As a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization, we provide trustworthy information and tools, as well as an independent forum, so that families can have a choice and a voice about the media they consume.
Princess Closet wins 2012 Purple Dress Award
- Maria Davalos, May 2, 2012
- DONATEMYDRESS.ORG ANNOUNCES
WINNERS OF ITS 2012 PURPLE DRESS AWARDS
Reconocimiento a neurocirujano mexicano que fue indocumentado
- Antonio Zavala, Apr 10, 2012, make a comment
- El Dr. Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa, ahora un profesor asociado de neurocirugía y oncología del Hospital de la Universidad de John Hopkins en Delaware, Maryland, fue premiado por…
Webinar: Social Security Internet Services – in Spanish
- mayra salazar, Feb 17, 2012, make a comment
- Good news for millions of Spanish-speaking Americans! You can get estimates of your retirement benefits, plus apply online for retirement, Medicare, and Extra Help with the cost of Medicare…
Why Role Models Matter
- Caroline Knorr, Feb 6, 2012
- Role models really do make a difference in kids' lives. Learn how to explain how kids can spot the positive ones -- and avoid the negative ones -- and even how to help your kids pick up the traits…
5 Ways to Unplug Your Holiday
- Caroline Knorr, Dec 11, 2011
- Find out how to help your family unplug over the holiday and regain some actual face time during this special time of year.
Common Sense Media, Yahoo! Safely, and MTV Stand Up to Cyberbullying Town Hall Event
- Marisa Connolly, Sep 27, 2011
- MTV’s SuChin Pak will moderate an Oct. 18 Chicago town hall for parents, teens, and teachers at the Field Museum. Members of the Pilsen community are invited to attend for free!
Free Cyberbullying Toolkit for Educators
- Common Sense Media, Aug 22, 2011
- Whether you're an educator at a school, church, community organization, or as a parent at home, here is a toolkit that you can use to delete the culture of cyberbullying. It's full of lessons that…
What's Hot for Back to School (And How to Handle It)
- Caroline Knorr, Jul 26, 2011
- We've researched the latest must-see viral videos and must-join websites to give parents the inside scoop on technology.
Digital Youth Summer Job leaders receive digital literacy and citizenship training
- Sue Thotz, Jul 7, 2011
- Pilsen community leaders learned how to teach lessons to youth about the implications of cyberbullying, online ethics, privacy and sexting. They were trained on how to stimulate ethical debate and…
Know that Face? Facebook Does!
- Caroline Knorr, Jun 10, 2011
- Can Facebook ID your teen? Find out about Facebook's new facial recognition software.
5 Ways to Unplug on Vacation
- Caroline Knorr, Jul 7, 2010
- Here are five tips to help parents and their children to unplug from their 24/7 media lives while on vacation this summer.
Photos Gone Wild! 5 Ways to Combat Unwanted Photos on Facebook
- Caroline Knorr, Apr 7, 2010
- It's happened to lots of parents. You're on Facebook , and suddenly you see a photo of your kid doing something you really wish he hadn't. Or maybe your kid tells you that there's an incriminating…
Digital Life: Our Kids' Connected Culture
- Common Sense Media, Jul 21, 2009
- We may think of our kids’ online, mobile, and technological activities as “digital life,” but to them, it’s just life. Learn the facts you need to parent in a digital world.
Cuéntanos que hay de nuevo en la comunidad. Puedes volverte un autor y contribuir regularmente a este Portal.
What others are saying
May 7, 2013
From La Casa Student Housing
May 2, 2013
From Art Pilsen
Apr 15, 2013
From Art Pilsen
» More local blog news