Get directions »
contratiempo nfp is a not-for-profit community-based literary center whose mission is to preserve and highlight the cultural identity and contributions of the Spanish-speaking Latino population in the United States.
We fulfill our mission by promoting and facilitating creative expression through revista contratiempo, our monthly cultural magazine; El taller, a creative writing workshop conducted in Pilsen twice monthly; Ediciones Vocesueltas, our budding publishing house focusing on quality work written originally in Spanish by local authors, and collaborations with other cultural organizations to produce cultural events relevant to our mission.
Among our collaborations:
- Viernes de contratiempo, a joint program with The Public Square of the Illinois Humanities Council to celebrate the monthly release of revista contratiempo with a discussion about topics of interest covered in the magazine, music and readings.
- Poesia en abril, a joint program with DePaul University and Northeastern Illinois University, to celebrate Spanish-language in April, Poetry Month.
- Ciclo de letras hispanas, a joint program with Instituto Cervantes that opens the doors of the Institute to the work of local authors.
We are also community partners in:
- Palabra Pura, a bilingual monthly poetry reading organized and conducted by the Guild Complex
- The Big Read, a program of the National Endowment for the Arts, presented in Chicago by Boundless Readers and National-Louis University
1702 S Halsted St
Posted in Community Institutions/organizations
Agrega hoy mismo, tu organización o negocio a este sitio. Tendrá más promoción y clientes, gratuitamente.